--
KellyAnnStudio@gmail.com
More prints on my website

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ivy Capri is here





Labor :


  I had a very traumatic delivery with baby Ivy- I don't know where to start. My husband and I went in for your standard induction on Sun night and I took 3 pills. We check in at the hospital at 4 pm and the following day they started the pitocin and one 1hr later my water broke and I started to dilated quickly - so they gave me an epidural which worked but then stop working at some point-  I was in soooooooooooo much pain and pushing for hours and couldn't dilated pass 8 cm so I had a second epidural -but the same thing happen. So after so many hours of horrific labor my Obgyn decided to do an a emergency cesarean - as I was getting my spinal epidural anesthesia I was laying there and looking at my husband trying to talk but couldn't and then I had a hard time breathing. That's when my husband notify my the Dr and then I started having stroke like symptoms -they sent my husband out of the room and my Dr said I was suffering from High Spinal  (high spinal from subarachnoid anesthesia if it is performed immediately after epidural anesthesia). To make a long story short 45 mins later after working on me and getting baby Ivy out safely- she was born at 6:09 pm.  She is sooo breathtaking- gorgeous brown hair and greenish grey eyes (which I'm sure will change color soon).

  

     
Ivy Capri

Crestwood Maternity Center
Born:
June 28
Time:
06:09 PM
Weight:
06 lbs 15.00
Length:
19.00 in.



7 comments:

  1. Becky HilderbrandJuly 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM

    Kelly, we are so glad to hear that all is well! Many were praying for you, even not knowing all the difficult you were having. God is so good to answer those prayers and bring Ivy Capri here safely and getting you through the trauma as well. We will continue to pray for you, Brett, and Ivy as you start this wonderful new time in your family! - Becky Hilderbrand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivy is really cute... The second image is really amazingly cute.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly Ann, Ivy is so precious! I am so glad to hear you are okay after going through that. I look forward to seeing many more photos of Ivy! Hope you are feeling well!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear your labor was so difficult... how scary. But thankfully you are okay... and the best part is you have a beautiful new daughter. No surprises... she is simply breathtaking!!

    Welcome to the world Ivy Capri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kelly and Bret. Barb told me what happened last night and my heart just stopped. Angels are a wonderful thing and you and your family are now blessed with a wonderful little girl. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ivy is adorable! What a blessing you are both safe and sound! Great choice on the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, sweetie!!! How scary!!! I am so sorry you went through that, but thankful that you are both safe and healthy!

    She is amazing.

    ReplyDelete




GO AHEAD AND SHARE THIS BLOG POST~THXS
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/shopgal22/SIGN_zps93821390.png

WWW.KELLYANNSTUDIO.COM