--
KellyAnnStudio@gmail.com
More prints on my website

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, August 12, 2010

How to Capture Those Precious Moments with Your Kids

  
    Since having a baby all I have been hearing is cherish each moment because "they pass bye so fast"~ So how do you make sure that you savor and remember each milestone?
Well I have found a few online I loved....


~  Since I'm a photographer I'm going to try really hard to capture each moment of Ivy's milestones by taking a picture of her weekly or even daily.  Tip- always carry a camera with you even if it's just a throw away camera because you never know when that precious moment may arrive.  I'm  hoping to do a Custom Photo Book for her each year.   Try Lulu.com or Blurb.com


this one


 Freezing a moment in time


Each year I have my kids make a tape recording about that year's birthday. I've been doing this since they were able to speak, so I've accumulated a library of tapes from the age of 2 to present day. (My kids are now 13 and 14). I plan to make copies of the tapes and give them to the kids as a birthday present later in life when they're able to appreciate the history. 

The kids are free to say whatever they want, but I provide specific guidelines or talking points to help direct the conversation. For example:

•    How old are you today? 
•    How do you plan to spend your birthday? 
•    What is the most fun thing you did all year? 
•    What thing wasn't so much fun this year? 
•    What are your favorite foods?
•    Who is your best friend?
•    What do you like best about school?
•    What do you like least about school?
•    Sing your favorite song
•    Tell me a funny joke
•    How do you like to spend your spare time?
•    What kinds of activities are you involved in?
•    What do you want to be when you grow up?

The same thing could work, of course, on videotape and may be even more effective since you also have a visual aid.  via web


PLEASE SHARE YOU FAVORITE WAYS TO CAPTURE THOSE PRECIOUS MOMENTS OR A FAMILY TRADITION-  POST COMMENTS BELOW

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I need to think about this, now. I want to do something to mark each year with the older kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was so beautiful when she was born... and somehow, she's getting even MORE beautiful. I love seeing new pics of her :)

    ReplyDelete




GO AHEAD AND SHARE THIS BLOG POST~THXS
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/shopgal22/SIGN_zps93821390.png

WWW.KELLYANNSTUDIO.COM