The network announced on Tuesday that Lydia McLaughlin is officially the latest glamorous mama who’s set to join the cast for their eighth season. So who is McLaughlin? While our favorite OC housewives have already gotten to know her, fans have been kept in the dark until now.
1. McLaughlin is from major money. She is the granddaughter of Geoff Stirling, a famous Canadian businessman and media mogul – owning several newspapers and television stations under Stirling Communications International. Stirling’s net worth topped $100 million in 2011.
2. She is the mother of two sons and lives with her husband Doug in Dana Point, Calif.
3. Lydia isn’t just a housewife, she’s a busy business woman. Her main occupation is serving as the Managing Editor and co-founder of Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine.
4. In her free time, McLaughlin also designs jewelry under the brand name Lydia M Jewelry.
5. She knows that dogs are a man, and woman’s, best friend. As part of her jewelry line, McLaughlin released a limited-edition collection for dogs only called “Puppy Bling.”
6. She works closely with her husband. The two co-own a web design and digital marketing company called SKYLAB Media and an art gallery called SKYLAB Modern Art.
7. McLaughlin wasn’t always a California girl. She was born in Canada but raised in La Jolla, Calif. and attended the prestigious University of San Diego.
8. She’s already friends with a few other housewives. McLaughlin has been friends with Lisa Vanderpump, who writes a column for Beverly Hills Lifestyle magazine, and Heather Dubrow for years.
9. She’s a devout Christian. McLaughlin bonds with Alexis Bellino over their religious beliefs, but be warned the newest housewife’s religion doesn’t stop her from being headstrong and outspoken.
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal
Thanks for visiting my blog!